"PURE" by Cö Shu Nie {Wk 14}

PURE - Album by Cö Shu Nie | Spotify

Cö Shu Nie | Spotify
Co Shu Nie Playlist

Cö Shu Nie are a very popular Japanese rock band that are famous amongst American listeners due to their involvement in the anime Tokyo Ghoul. I've listened to their music for the same reason as many anime fans. Their music is holds an intense beauty from their amazing instrumentals to their smooth lyrics. One of my favorite albums is "PURE" which has their most listened song on Spotify called "asphyxia" which is truly a song that never gets old. The song has a mix of soft and aggressive vocals with good accompaniment of heavy drums, smooth piano, and rough acoustic/electric guitar. One of the popular lyrics is "だってどうしようもないことばかりじゃない / 変えられない世界で溺れている / Open your eyes 沈む影 / どんな今でも これが現実 (Datte dou shiyou mo nai koto bakari janai / Kaerarenai sekai de oborete iru / Open your eyes / Shizumu kage donna ima demo kore ga genjitsu)." I could sing or dance to their music all day long and I just adore their vocalist the most. Miku Nakamura is so talented as she can sing and play the guitar and piano with her bass player Shunsuke Matsumoto. Her fashion style in each video is so unique and elegant in its soft and angelic clothe choice. Miku's music alone can power me through any task I'm doing and turn any boring one into an amazing dance or jam session whether I'm sitting or standing. I recommend that you at least listen to "asphyxia" and if you like their music I highly suggest you take a listen to "give it back" and their new release "YumewoMisete."

Cö Shu Nie - Asphyxia - Reviews - Album of The Year
"asphyxia" music video

Cö shu Nie – "YumewoMisete"(Official Video)

From listening to this artist and many like them, I've learned Japan's unbeknownst love for rock and metal which many people in my friend groups rarely know about. Furthermore, I've seen a pattern where most bands or music groups from Japan never consist of more than 5 members and usually have two to three artists who specialize in a variety of instruments. I love the style of Japanese rock whether it be punk or heavy metal that has this unique style only found among Japanese artists. Japanese music has this distinct style where their language and lyrics flow in such a manner that can only be identified as smooth even when it's choppy which is so astonishing. Furthermore, while listening to Cö Shu Nie after registering for 1st Year Japanese, I have been able to hear certain grammatical structures as well as identify certain words that I have either learned or already know from all the Japanese I listen to. 

Cö shu Nie / コシュニエ on Twitter: "本日は! 我らがみくーん監督こと中村未来@co_shu_mike の生誕日ですよー!  おーめおめおめ たんおめやー(๑`ө´๑)🎉🎊 おめしてあげてくださ! https://t.co/edWdsrkrfX" / Twitter
ミクはとてもクールで美しい
(MIKU IS SO COOL AND BEAUTIFUL!)

(ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚About the Band




Comments

Popular Posts