ゴブリンスレイヤー (Goblin Slayer & Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown) {Wk 12}

Watch GOBLIN SLAYER (Original Japanese Version) | Prime VideoGoblin Slayer' Season 2 - Teaser Visual : r/Animedubs

Goblin Slayer is a very mature anime that involves a fantasy world filled with adventurers who are trying to make a living out of quests. The story follows one character who hides his face but is referred to as the Goblin Slayer as he only takes quests involving killing goblins. He is accompanied by a young priestess who is the sole survivor from her first quest with other low-ranked adventurers only to be saved by the Goblin Slayer, a silver-ranked adventurer. I really enjoyed this anime as it involves a more realistic viewpoint of how adventures against monsters can go. Not everyone can be saved and not everyone makes it out alive unscathed physically or mentally. The show has some blood and violence of course, but I really think it's a very interesting and entertaining series. I really enjoy animes that don't focus on a main hero who is trying to kill the Demon Lord. This story within a bigger story is much more intriguing to me. I highly recommend this anime if you aren't afraid of seeing or hearing mature scenes. Both the movie and the series are definitely a good watch for those who love drama and action as well as some realism.

Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Review - The Fate of an Adventurer - Otaku OrbitLatest Goblin Slayer GIFs | Gfycat

Related to my Japanese study, I was able to thoroughly enjoy this anime as it didn't follow the typical plot of fantasy adventure that many animes hold. Rather than focusing on some big task or goal, this anime focuses on one creature and one character's goal to subdue said creatures aka goblins. Aside from comparing this show to other plots, I was able to enjoy reading the title cards which showed in kanji and hiragana and sometimes katakana. Obviously, my understanding of the Japanese language isn't perfect but I did take pride in being able to read some of the titles. Furthermore, while listening to the anime, I can do a better job of understanding the language without relying on the subtitles. My studies of the grammar and sentence structure truly start to show here. I'm really happy about putting my cultural, linguistic, and artistic knowledge to use when watching animes as good as this one.

 Pixilart - Goblin Slayer by Pixel-Knight

Comments

  1. Goblin Slayer is on my watchlist. I haven't had the time to get into many new anime this semester, but I understand where you're coming from on the plots for many shows being repetitive. If unconventional shows are something you're looking for, I recommend the Monogatari series which is something I've recently gotten into. I never know what's happening in the show, but it really tugs on your brain. But if it's adventure that you want, then I recommend 86. I'll leave it at that. Just know that it's popular for good reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched 86 and Monogatari series and I love them both so much for their respective styles and storylines! Thank you for the recommendations! (If you have any more, feel free to give them) (✧ω✧)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts