よふかしのうた by Creepy Nuts {Wk 10}



"Call of the Night" by Creepy Nuts 

The group consists of J-Rap artist R-Shitei and DJ Matsunaga who are both popular in Japan for their music but reach worldwide for their song "Call of the Night" from the anime "Call of the Night." After watching the anime, I was and am extremely intrigued with their music with amazing beats and very interesting lyrics. Their music is very uplifting and energizing as it lets you feel like you're soaring through the night sky like Kou Yamori. I feel that even their older music is perfect jamming out either by yourself or with your friends. The lyrics talk about Kou Yamori who encounters Nazuna Nanakusa and how he gets to witness the mischievous activities that go bump in the night in the world of adults. Whenever I listen to this song, I am overcome by a wave of energy that fuels each and every step I take. The talk of neon signs and the stunning light of the moon just remind me how much I love the nighttime and why I became a night owl.

"Daten" by Creepy Nuts

Related to my Japanese studies, I found a connection the intriguing perspective of the night time. Obviously, the song correlates with the anime, but there are lyrics that also attest to the bright nights that Japan can bring when you are aware of all the technology and billboards and shop signs in Japan. I also noticed certain Japanese words that I wouldn't have known prior to my Japanese studies like the kanji in adults involves the same first kanji as big and the same second kanji as person which helped me realize that the kanji together mean a big person. I'm so excited and happy to have taken this class and can't wait to see what other connections I can make through what I'm listening and watching.



Comments

Popular Posts